Sunday, April 22, 2007

Leaving Things is Just to Hard For Me

This is my last full day in Provo. That fact makes me pretty sad. But maybe if I remember correctly, I didn't really like many points of Provo life. There was that year of living on a floor of girls who wanted little to do with me overall. There was that slideshow I wasn't in that caused me to draw pissed off chalk art. There were all the names of my Relief Society sisters that I couldn't remember (and as a result a calling I didn't fulfill very well). Then there was the job I worked in that left food in my hair and none in my belly. There was the scooter that cost me more tears and money than anything else I've encountered. There were the wars at work over laserwar. There were the endless nights where my only friends were anime characters and Slurpees. Shouldn't I hate Provo?

I really can't because there were things that I really liked. I loved sitting on the street corner in my red chair. I really enjoyed watching Masters of the Universe, Flight of the Navigator, and all of the Star Wars and Star Trek movies. I liked reading His Dark Materials, The Once and Future King, and Tom Sawyer. I loved how my History of Psych and Western Lit classes made me think. I loved discovering Ben Folds, The Croutons, and Hem. I had the privilege of working with dozens of kids that I really cared about. I got my webcam and my Bradlamp. All of my best friends came to me in in this last year and a half. I learned how to love people. I got much closer to God.

So I have realized that I now have two towns that I call home. Provo and Cincinnatalie. Maybe at the end of the summer I'll consider Fairfield my hometown...maybe

Bye Bye Ms. American Pie

No comments: